Important Announcement: New Dates Announced
for the PENC Leadership Institute
VIEW THE BROCHURE
Are you interested in developing the skills needed to be a leader in the engineering field and your community? Are you ready to take an important step in advancing your career beyond project management? Are you prepared to take ownership of your personal and professional growth? PENC is excited to announce a new program designed specifically for aspiring leaders in the engineering field - the PENC Leadership Institute - that will help you do just that.
About the Program:
PENC has partnered with Rich St. Denis, a highly experienced leadership training instructor who will offer a unique program that focuses on developing right-brain thinking - the communication, people and visionary skills required of effective leaders. Over the course of the year-long program, participants will learn:
- The Leadership process, traits and styles
- Emotional intelligence: a key to leading well
- Setting the direction for others to follow
- Influencing buy-in and execution
- Engaging, motivating and inspiring others
- Delegating and empowering
- Creating a unified team
- Creative problem solving and decision making
- Dealing with conflict and difficult people
Some of Rich's major clients include: Siemens Corporation, Mercedes-Benz, CNN, Turner Broadcasting, Office Depot, US Air Force, and Department of Defense.
You can read the detailed program schedule in the brochure.
The PENC Approach:
This program uses more than just classroom training. Through on the job application, mentoring, team projects and consistent feedback and assessment, this program will allow participants to realize their full leadership potential!
Benefits and Outcome:
Participants of this program will:
- Demonstrate greater leadership knowledge, skill, and ability in leading people and teams.
- Demonstrate greater emotional intelligence, responsibility, initiative, self-empowerment, accountability and pride in leading their work units, and instill the same in colleagues.
- Be better able to engage, influence, motivate, inspire, and coach their colleagues and teams.
Companies who support their employees as participants in this program will benefit from:
- Employees who are able to take on more responsibility
- A satisfied employee who can work well as part of your team
How to Participate:
Registrations close August 1, 2012!
If you are committed to taking this important next step in advancing your career, we invite you to apply for one of the 25 available spots no later than August 1, 2012. Please take a moment to read through the brochure, where you'll find the detailed curriculum outline, information about the cost and available scholarships, and the application process. You can also apply online. It is not necessary to be a member of PENC to apply. We welcome your application today!