Professional Engineers in Higher Education (Currently Inactive)
PEHE membership provides faculty, students and practicing professionals with information and support tailored to their unique needs. Spefically, members of this group strive to:
In doing so, PEHE does its part to ensure that future populations will continue to be served by engineers committed to the practice of ethical engineering in order to protect the public health, safety, and welfare.
- increase opportunities for aspiring engineers by developing and promoting 2+2 engineering programs in NC Community colleges.
- build awareness and commitment on all North Carolina campuses regarding the importance of professional engineering registration and ethics
- promote involvement of all NC universities with ABET engineering programs in participating in the "Sustaining University" program
- promote best practices in engineering ethics, entrepreneurship, and leadership education
- promote membership programs with local PENC chapters and university and community college engineering students